Its been a busy start to our 2016 hence the late posting of our first blog update of 2016. Excuses aside let me tell you what we’ve been update to since the last update in December.
We started working with a Manchester based tech start-up in the Northern Quarter back in November and we’ve continued on site in their offices throughout January. During this time we’ve had a very diverse role as you can imagine with a start-up environment, no day is ever the same which certainly makes it interesting!
Our team are providing business analysis services and we’ve continued to refine their requirements catalog (User Stories) working with the Product Owners and Directors. As well creating and managing User Stories we are also updating Confluence and Sparx Enterprise Architect so the business has a record of how/why the system has been designed as implemented.
Finding the right level of detail of requirements in an Agile software delivery environment is always a challenge and more so with our client given the tight timescales whilst also working with 4 different partner organisations (design agency, marketing agency, distributor & development house). We believe though that we have found the perfect balance;
- Epic overview - Additional detail of each Epic and a list of each User Story related
- MVP- Has a version of a MVP (minimum viable product)
- Product Roadmap - Details of the product roadmap
- Meeting Minutes - Minutes from various meetings
- Workshop artefacts - outputs from various workshops
- Solution Model - Overview of how the solution is built and their relationships
- Process Flows - Business processes and the systems used
- Sequence Diagrams - System interactions for each process
- Data Model - Data model of the data stores (RMDMS)
- Domain Model - Each domain entity mapped and their relationships
As we continue through the project lifecycle we will be switching our attention to business readiness and staring to validate all of the business requirements during the testing process.
Finally, we have been approached by another new client to assist their digital platform. We are in the process of creating high-level prototypes and define the scope at present but i hope i can share more information on this in February.
If you’d like more information on our currency projects or would like to discuss our services please contact us.